Ads in Mobile Video Critical Revenue Opportunity
A new report from Adobe has found that online video ad consumption is beginning to mirror that of traditional TV commercials. According to Jeremy Helfand from Adobe, over the next three years, two-thirds of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video, and serving ads into mobile video will become a critical revenue opportunity for publishers.
“Market research shows that over the next five years, the number of people watching video content online could grow as much as 50 percent, and a significant number of them will be doing so on connected devices like tablets, IPTVs and smartphones.”
Other findings from Adobe’s Monetization Report include:
- Completion rates on mobile devices are the highest of any environment (94%)
- With an 87% completion rate, mid-roll ads are performing almost 30% better than pre-rolls
- The completion rate of video ads in live content is 85%, compared to ads within Video on Demand (VOD) content
- An average of 5.5 video ads is now being served as part of long form, professional content
- Completion rates of ads in professional content are higher (76%), than those in user-generated content (UGC) 63%
- Click through rates (CTR) of ads on VOD content are significantly higher (2.17%) than for live content (.43%)
You can download Adobe’s full report here.
Warning: array_reverse() [function.array-reverse]: The argument should be an array in /home/ruc/snakkmedia.com/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php on line 293
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ruc/snakkmedia.com/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php on line 300